​Horton House- built 1859 
401 South 12th Street

Built by carpenter John Sheehan, this is one of the oldest wooden frame houses in St. Joseph. In 1864, Edwin R. Horton, a clerk and freight agent for the St. Joseph & W. Railroad purchased the home. 

Vineyard Mansion- built 1890
​​1225 Charles Street

Designed by the Architectural firm of Eckel & Mann, this Romanesque Revival mansion was home to B. R. Vineyard. 

Currently a Bed & Breakfast- Click Link for Booking 

​​Chase Mansion- built 1885
1102 Felix Street

 Built in 1885 by a prominent grocer by the name of George Kennard, this mansion was purchased in 1910 by Ernest W. Chase of The Chase Candy Company who invented the famous “Cherry Mash”  Candy bar.

FOR SALE

Henry Hansen House - built 1895
1029 Charles Street

This Queen Anne style home was built as a single residence for Henry M. Hansen, secretary of Hansen Coal and Ice Company.

The Dome - built 1899
1201 Felix Street


The First Church of Christ Scientist building is known to be the most expensive church ever built in St. Joseph, costing more than $130,000 to build.

Currently a Venue - Click Link for Booking


​Corby Mansion - built 1860 and 1882
302 South 11th Street  

Home built by Colonel Joseph Corby in 1882. The rear two story Italianate Style home was built in 1860 and in 1882 a Second Empire three story addition was added.

Amelia Langue House- built 1905
​112 North 13th Street



​Restoration in Progress!

Edward Hamilton House - built 1851
1423 Francis Street

Home of Edward Hamilton & his family. First built in an octagonal shape circa 1851, it was modified to a Second Empire design circa 1876. Craftsman style sun rooms were added circa 1912. 

The Center for JOY

​1202 Felix

Evans Ray Mansion- built 1877

​1023 Edmond


This elaborate Queen Anne was built in 1877 by a lumber baron.The irregular massing of the house is achieved through multiple bay windows and  gables.  Windows feature arched transoms.  The front porch is supported by turned posts with open tracery bracketing executed in a floral motif. The same bracketing is used on the second story porch. 

1417 Felix

1329 Francis

Henry K. White House- built 1888

503 South 11th Street


 2 1/2 story Queen Anne style house built in 1888 for Henry K. White, an attorney with White and Spencer. This house sustained a major roof fire in 1995 and the owners have reconstructed the roof to it’s original lines. The front porch ajd siding have also been restored. Restored between 2000 to 2018.


Otto Quentin House- built 1906
1102 Edmond Street


This is a two story brick dwelling built in 1906 for Otto Quentin. Built with an irregular plan shape, this late Queen Anne house possesses some stylistic details of the Craftsman style. 

Charles Schultz Home- built 1871

1019 Charles Street


​This is one of the few Italianate style frame dwellings in Museum Hill. It was built in 1871 for a partner in the Schultz, Hosea Hardware Company. House retains its paired bracketed boxed cornice and bracketed window lintels. 

Hax Duplex- built 1887
417 South 11th Street


Originally built as an income-producing double tenement by George Hax who lived next door. 

Nunning House - built 1887
1401 Jules Street

Beautiful mansion in the Queen Anne Victorian Style of Architecture. The home is of historical importance for its original owner (August Nunning) and his ties to Missouri's Brewery history.

FOR SALE

First Lutheran Church- built 1913

302 South 10th Street


​Wyeth-Tootle Mansion - built 1879
1100 Charles Street

Designed by E.J. Eckel and built by William and Eliza Wyeth in 1879. This Majestic Structure was inspired by the castles on the Rhine River in Germany.




Museum Hill Neighborhood

201 South 11th Street

Shakespeare Chateau- built 1885

​809 Hall Street


Currently a Bed & Breakfast- Click Link for Booking 



Francis Browne House- built 1879
402 South 12th Street


Built in 1879 by Irish immigrant and wholesale grocer Francis Browne, this Italianate​ was later home to Northern Civil War General and US Congressman General James Craig.

The Charles - built 1898
1215 Charles Street​


Currently a Bed & Breakfast- Clic​k Link for Booking